Friday, February 15, 2008

effin' karma

made it to hangzhou. we don't have internet in our dorms yet, so i'm currently in an internet bar--that's the chinese direct translation--listening to techno, surrounded by dudes playing video games/webcam-chatting and freezing my arse off...hangzhou doesn't have central heating because the weather is suppose to be warm but recently has been experiencing the wrath of global warming. so yeah, my fingers are numb.

oh yeah, since i don't have internet i have to hold off on my hong kong blog-guy because i wrote the entry on the plane when i was bored, but cannot get to it without my computer, so yeah, y'all will have to wait til next time. i hope it's not 'too late to apologize'....one republic, what?! chika chika yeah! whoa, but seriously, that was lame, sorry.

oh man, some guy just let out a monster grunt... must have died or something.

wow, hello ADD. anyways, so my first few experience have definitely been guided by karma...what a bitch. here are two examples:

1. my roommate situation in beijing was baller because i essentially had a single with a chinese friend, in that she was rarely around except when she was taking me out to do cool shit. sweet, no? well, my roommate here, while cool and all, is currently in crutches...she busted her knee and therefore sits in our room allllll day long. karma.

b. on wednesday, my friend beamed 'dope wars' to my palm pilot. it was sweet. in just ten minutes i made $3.5 mil. after officer hardass busted some major coke dealers leading to sky high prices. of course, the next day my palm pilot was stolen in the street. karma. but god, allah, buddha, whoever, seriously? they weren't even real drugs and i totally would have donated a few grand to some sick kids before retiring in the carribbean. give me a fucking break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maeve,

I had a roommate one semester who always stayed in the room also - but his reason wasn't medical - it was medicinal. He also liked to eat a lot of Crunch Berries at 3 in the morning.. coincidence? I know you threw in that f-bomb at the end for your Mom. Kind of like when Carol Burnett used to tug at her ear. Very thoughtful.

Burke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

yeah, my roomate was probably really pissed when i had a broken elbow and couldn´t give him sensuous massages late into the night. that is life though, huh? i just found your blog today but i will definately keep reading. i am in buenos aires in an internet cafe sitting next to eric, lizz, sage, and jeremy. nutso. i hope all is well and i miss ya girl.


take care,

dave

Anonymous said...

Maeve- don't know if you've heard, but we got our tickets and headed to Shanghai on June 5-15... Please confirm this is okay, or else we'll have to pay $700 penalties to re-schedule our tickets.
Love you!
-Cath